I've been thinking that i don't dislike my course of study so much anymore.
I'm starting to find it less boring and sometimes somewhat interesting when you know the meaning behind those numbers on a balance sheet and income statement. well, that's a really good start for me. finding a little bit more joy in what I'm doing. and I'm glad. I thank God for helping me find the joy. while it's not so joyful all the time, at least I don't hate it as much anymore. without God's help, I'll probably still be a hateful soul to accounting right now.
another thanksgiving, I have 3 more weeks of school before study break, which means 3 more lessons till exams. can't believe how quickly this semester zoomed by. I'm currently in the busy period where all the project deadlines are drawing near but I'm thankful that I'm still able to find time for God, for family and for myself (to just chillax and recover from work) haha. I'm always amazed how I manage to make it through each semester even though at every start I shudder at the thought of having to study all the modules. I think what causes me to be able to pull through school is knowing that school isn't my whole life. school results is not my end goal in life and it doesn't define me in anyway. I know I have more important things that mean much more to me. When not so much pressure is being put on school work, I feel like I'm better able to get through with all the studying and projects. Just a comforting thought to know that no matter what, I'm not alone. God is with me through the thick and thin, He'll never forsake me and that He has a purpose for me in life.
Indeed, I have yet to find His purpose for me. I'm still wondering to myself why did God create me. Today during yz, it was great to hear the testimonies of several young adults who formed a band and are now using their music as a way to minister to others. These individuals have their own occupations and come together, outside work time, to put together Christian songs that minister to themselves, and through performing the songs and even through their albums, hopefully minister to the people who listen to their songs. I feel so inspired to form my own band for such a purpose too. I always believe that music can minister to people the way mere words can't. We were created to enjoy music, music with lyrics that tug our heartstrings and that's why I've always been very interested to use my musical skills for God's purposes. Maybe this is one of the purposes of God blessing me with the gift of music. I'm totally looking forward to forming a band right now.
I guess many Christians (even older ones) may not fully know their purposes on earth even after many years and maybe that's why it's important to always seek God, so that we will know what God has in mind for us at different stages of our lives.
I look forward to the future, to see what's installed for me.
till then,
J.
No comments:
Post a Comment